Ferrotech structurals India Pvt Ltd. is the leading manufacturer of Shear stud connectors in India.
Ferrotech structurals India Pvt Ltd. are the only manufacturer that caters clients with tailor requirement for mechanical properties and physical dimensions.
We have an extensive variation in Tensile Strength, Yield Strength and Elongation to meet clients demand based on requirements.
We are approved by Railways, L&T, and Many More.
We are the major supplier of Shear Stud for Railway Bridges & Power Plant in India.
Shear Stud Design & Mechanical Properties
Shear Stud Connector Shall be manufactured from cold drawn Wire Rods confirming the requirements of ASTM A 29 of grade designation SAE 1010 through SAE 1020 or equivalent, inclusive either semi-killed or killed (aluminum or silicon deoxidation).
Mechanical properties & other requirements of studs shall confirm the requirements of Type-B studs specified in AWS Dl.1/D1.lM or equivalent.
Ferrotech studs for welding with ceramic ferrules are provided with an aluminum tip as required by the welding process to facilitate the ignition of the arc, stabilize the arc, and deoxidize the welding pool. The correct amount of flux used is an essential factor in obtaining perfect welding results.
Code of Practises
BS EN 13918:2008 Welding Studs & Ceramic Ferrules for Drawn Arc Stud Welding.
BS 5400 British Standard Code of Practice for Composite Bridges.
Important Advantages of Shear Connectors
- Cost-effective production in large quantities and many different sizes.
- Reliable and safe under static and dynamic stress.
- Mechanical interlock of steel and concrete – lifting-off of concrete slabs is prevented.
- High ductility considerable increase in bearing capacity through plastic design.
- Anchorage of steel parts in concrete for various load directions, no cracking forces because of mechanical interlock.
- Individual design of reinforcement by pre-planned positioning of steel members in concrete.
- Firm welds produced by stud welding.
- Application by trained operators – no highly qualified welders required.
Electronically controlled and monitored Drawn Arc Stud welding equipment ensures repeatability and verifiable quality